After I’ve been stressed a bit, and my schedule allows me to, I like to take a day and pamper myself. It completely resets my mood and when I wake up the next day I feel relaxed, renewed, and ready to conquer whatever is working my last nerve. My “detox in a day” routine is below.
First I take the longest bath known to mankind.
I fill the tub with water, olive oil, coconut oil, and a bath bomb or some aromatic bath petals from Foreo. Then, I turn off all the lights, light a few candles, get in the tub with a book and a glass of wine. Next, I read until I feel all of my problems soak away. Afterward, I exfoliate with “The Scrub of Your Life” by Soap and Glory. Then, I wash everything way with Dove’s sensitive body wash and hop out of the tub. After I apply my oils and shea butter I put on my special plush robe and move on to treating my face.
For my facial skincare, I like to make myself feel like I’m at the spa.
- Oil Cleanse
- I currently use Kiehl’s Midnight Recover Cleaning Oil. It leaves my skin supple and on makeup days it removes everything.
- Foam Cleanse
- I’m a big fan of the double cleanse method. Currently, I’m using Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel. It’s a cost-effective solution that doesn’t dry out my skin. Win. Win.
- Peel Mask
- I heard about The Ordinary’s AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution about a billion times on Twitter before I stumbled by their store. Because of the high concentration of acid’s, you’re not supposed to leave the mask on for more than 10 minutes. But listen, 10 minutes is more than enough. The peel deeply exfoliates your skin to help later treatments become more effective and for clearer and smoother skin.
- Although the Cosrx AHA/ BHA Clarifying Treatment Tonermore AHAs and BHA’s in it, I like to use it because it is extremely gentle on my skin. All you need is a spray or two and your face feels instantly refreshed.
- To add hydration back to my skin I use Belif’s Hungarian Water Essence Moisture Binder.
- Sheet Mask
- To drown my skin in moisture I’m using SK-II’s Facial Treatment Mask. I’ve been trying SK-II’s essence in my regular nightly routine and have already seen a big difference. This mask is the essence on steroids. I let it drip down my face until it’s all soaked in as I watch Netflix and continue drinking wine.
- Fortunately, I have about a year’s worth of deluxe sample’s of Sunday Riley’s Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. I’ve been using it consistently for a little over 3 months and my skin loves it. I’ve noticed improvements in skin tone, brightness, and texture.
- Eye Treatment
- I have designer eye bags and always have. Which is why I love Tammy Fender’s Awakening Eye Gel. The product helps firm and hydrate my delicate under eye area all day.
- Face Oil
- Angela Caglia’s Luxurious Face Oil makes my skin look like a teenager. The oil makes me glow all day and the scent makes me feel like I’m in the spa.
- To lock in all the hard work I just did I seal everything with Klair’s Rich Moist Soothing Cream. This lightweight moisturizer is perfect for the summer and leaves my skin plump and moist all day.
After I finish treating myself I turn my phone on do not disturb and relax. Since I invest so much in skincare and makeup, taking some time to treat my skin at home always turns my day around.
What do you do to relax after you’ve been stressed? Let me know in the comments below!